Having fruit plants in your garden is a therapy in itself. Seeing your little fruits growing in front of your eyes is the best therapeutic power that you need. Like many other fruit plants, black diamond watermelon is the best option to plant in your garden. If you have been thinking about planting some fruit plants in your garden, you must give a try to plant black diamond watermelon in your garden. We are here to tell you some details about this red-fleshed yummiest fruit that you can easily plant in your home garden and get benefitted from this juicy fruit. The best thing about black diamond watermelon is that you can plant it inside and outside your home. Let’s have a view of the things that you must know about black diamond watermelon.
To plant black diamond watermelon indoor, you have to follow the following settings:
- You have to sow the seeds of this red juicy fruit 1/4” deep in the soil in the plant pot. You should sow at least three seeds per pot.
- When you are waiting for the germination, you should keep the soil medium moist to let the seeds grow.
- The thing that you should keep in mind is that you have to keep the soil heated because black diamond watermelon grows faster in the hot temperature. The plant pots should be kept at 80-90 degrees.
- You will see the seeds germinating within 3-10 days.
- When you see seeds germinating, it is the time to reduce the temperature and the water also. You should now keep the plant at 70 degrees for 1-2 weeks.
- Now, you should transfer the plants to some other pots in such a way that there should be only one plant in a pot. At this time, you should again reduce watering the plant, but it doesn’t mean to let the plants desiccate.
- At last, you should expose your young plant to the outdoor weather, and transplant the little plants to the permanent area carefully.
If you want to plant your black diamond watermelon outdoor, you have to follow the following instructions to make sure the proper growth of your young plants.
If you are living in the area having a long hot season, you can plant watermelons outside directly. In the warm areas, watermelon grows faster and ripe more quickly in hot climate areas. If you are living in such an area, you should plant watermelon when the soil is 70 F temperature or warmer than this. You have to follow the following instructions to plant watermelon outside.
- Sow the seeds 1 inch deep in the soil.
- You have to sow six seeds on one hill, and the distance between hills should be at least 4-6 feet apart.
- You can also plant at closer spacing according to the distance.
- You have to thin the plants by three seeds on one hill.
- All the other instructions are the same as you have to follow while starting indoor.
Important things to keep in mind:
Before planting black diamond watermelon, you have to keep in mind some points that are crucial for growing this precious specie of watermelon. We are going to mention some crucial points that you have to keep in mind. Without any further ado, let’s have a view!
Choosing the site to plant:
The first thing that you need to focus on is the site that you choose to plant black diamond watermelon. As far as the site is concerned, watermelon grows faster in the warm soil as compared to the colder soil. The soil should be well-drained and have a ph of 6.5-7.5. The thing that you have to keep in mind is that the soil should be moist enough to the point when the fruit is the size of the ball. If you plant watermelon in the soil below the temperature 50 F, your plant will grow slower. And if your soil is below 50 F, you can plant watermelon by using black plastic or fabric sheet. In this way, the temperature of the soil will rise, and the plant will grow faster.
Tips for Maintaining:
Maintaining the plants is the best way to get the best fruit from the plant. You have to keep one thing in mind that better maintaining your plants is the only way to get the desired results. We are going to tell you about some maintaining tricks that will help you grow your watermelons carefully.
- The thing that you have to keep in mind is that you have to keep the soil moisture every time until your fruit is of the size of the tennis ball. After that, you should water the plant only when the soil is dried. Otherwise, there is no need to water the plant.
- If you want to keep your plant safe from insects and disease issues, you should not plant watermelon in the same spot two years in a row.
- Another best way to keep melons safe from insects is to place them on the pot or a piece of wood.
- The most important thing that you always have to keep in mind is that you should not let your watermelon plants dry out nor you should over-water the plants.
It is all about the black diamond watermelon, and we tried to cover all the important details about planting black diamond watermelons. You have to follow all the instructions given in the post above and get benefitted by the desired juicy fruits. If you make sure to follow all the instructions that we mentioned above, we can guarantee you that you will enjoy the juicy red-fleshed diamond seeded watermelon, which is the treat for the summer seasons. Enjoy having the juicy fruits at home and grow more watermelons in your yard!